SUPERVISOR: Director of Education
Brooklyn Children’s Museum, the world’s first museum for children, is searching for a full-time Manager of Education and Public Programs. Reporting to the Director of Education, this key position collaborates with senior education and museum staff to conceptualize, develop, implement, and evaluate a broad selection of school and public programs, as well as oversee administration and logistics of group visitation.
* MA/MS, in Education, Museum Studies or other relevant field required.
* Demonstrated ability to coordinate amongst peers and developed team leadership skills
* Excellent oral and written communication skills (writing sample will be required).
* Four years’ experience working with children PreK-12 in formal or informal education settings (teacher professional development a plus).
* Ability to work some weekends, evenings and holidays.
* Works in conjunction with education and museum staff to conceptualize, develop, market, implement, and evaluate strategic and operating plans for school and public programs.
* Aligns school based education materials with Common Core, NYS, and National Arts Education standards, and oversees the production of pre-post lesson plan materials and resources for teachers.
* Oversees all aspects related to Group/School Programs, including: on-site school class visits, outreach programs (Museum on the Go), and Summer Camp Groups.
* Collaborates with Education Management Team to plan yearly public programming themes.
* Coordinates collaborations between Education and other departments and represents department at various administrative meetings.
* Oversees staff schedules for program coverage and oversees departmental attendance.
* Supervises group reservations team to provide seamless entry and manages the daily experience of groups into the museum.
* Coordinates supply orders for Education as needed.
* Works with the Museum Development staff on grant proposal and final reports for funders.
* Participates in the relevant professional activities to maintain an awareness of current practices and issues in the NYC DOE and Museum Education field.
Full time, 5 days a week, including one weekend day, Tuesday-Saturday schedule preferred. Flexible schedule to cover holidays and additional hours as needed.
BCM is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please email letter of interest and resume to:
Marcos Stafne, Director of Education
Subject Line: Manager, Education & Public Programs
Brooklyn Children’s Museum
145 Brooklyn Avenue
Brooklyn, NY 11213