Innovation and creativity come from the unique perspectives of a diverse staff. We value your perspective.
The Special Events Assistant works closely with the Special Events team members, the Executive Director of Development/Campaign Director, the Senior Vice President of Advancement, and other Directors and Managers in the Advancement Division to assist in creating, administering, and executing approximately 50 events per year. S/he will be responsible for many administrative functions associated with all of these events.
- Assists annually in the planning and execution of 50 events, serving from 20 to 500 attendees with duties including: maintaining accurate and organized RSVP lists, overseeing production of print collaterals, recording attendance data, and various administrative tasks as needed
- Assist in the planning and execution of up to 10 of the 50 events annually (mainly for the Annual Giving and Corporate audiences) with some evening/weekend hours as necessary (Schedule must be flexible during event weeks.)
- Coordinates work of up to 50 staff and event volunteers annually to ensure smooth event coordination and implementation
WORK SCHEDULE:This position is part-time, 20 hours/week, Monday through Friday.
Executive Director of Development/Campaign Director and Program Manager, Special Events
- Post high school course work, technical degree, associate’s degree or business certificate preferred.
- More than 1 year of event experience.
STARTING SALARY:Non-Exempt (Hourly). Commensurate with experience.
Benefits for part-time, non-exempt (hourly) staff include: free parking, T accessibility, 80 hours of paid time-off, medical insurance, retirement and savings plan, health care/dependent care flex spending plan, employee discounts, employee referral program, direct deposit, free admission, free Duck Tours, discounted movie passes, and much more!
Museum of Science
Boston, MA 02114
Fax: (617) 589-0362
Visit www.mos.org/jobs for our most up-to-date employment listings. No phone inquiries, please. Qualified applicants will be contacted within two to four weeks of initial application. The Museum of Science is an Equal Opportunity Employer.