- Proven track record in outreach to urban youth and their parents for youth development/ organizing
- Demonstrates strong initiative and problem solving skills
- Works independently, is detail oriented and well organized
- 5+ years of experience working with youth, planning and facilitating discussions to elicit student views
- Experience leading workshops addressing social issues
- Bachelor’s degree required. Master’s degree in Social Work or other related field a plus.
- Bilingual in Spanish preferred
- Minimum of three years of work experience post-BA degree
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and computer proficiency
- Comfortable building collegial relationships with teachers and other community professionals
- Effective collaborator on joint projects
- Demonstrated commitment to education, social justice and youth empowerment
1) Coordinating youTHink Youth Services programming, including:
- Implementing current Youth Services programming held at various locations throughout the LA area
- Cultivating relationships with students, parents and teachers to ensure support for and student involvement in youTHink Youth Services programs and events
- Program outreach and promotion among students, educators, administrators and staff of community based organizations
- Working with Director and youTHink team to plan and implement future Youth Services programming and to develop strategies for growth
- Assisting with college access programming, as needed
- Effectively managing projects, relationships and responsibilities
2) Other responsibilities, as needed.
- Note: This position involves working nights and weekends each month. The position requires extensive local travel throughout Greater LA area. Candidate must have a working car with full insurance.
To receive an application, please send a BLANK email with Program Specialist in the Subject line, firstname.lastname@example.org