To serve as the primary liaison between the Chrysler and the broader community.
- Creates and implements educational and community partnerships to engage diverse audiences in the Chrysler Museum.
- Develops programming that engages new and existing audiences at the Museum. Researches and applies new strategies to encourage participation in Museum programming, including weekend and evening programming.
- Coordinates schedule with multiple public program generators, including the Glass Studio, Development, and Education (including public tours and art experiences).
- Delivers well-managed, on-time and on-budget programs by coordinating and executing all planning and logistical details related to staff, contractors/performers, contract execution, payment distribution, space reservations, signage, marketing, visitor experience, etc. in accordance with the Museum’s Strategic Objectives.
- Develops benchmarks and metrics to assess program performance, including the engagement of new audiences. Based on this data, makes recommendations to the departmental director regarding the commencement, continuation, cessation, or changes to programming.
- Develops content and approaches for youth and adult group tour programs in concert with educational partners and field-wide trends.
- Engages and evaluates museum’s volunteer docent corps in programmatic and outreach efforts.
- Strengthens and maintains existing partnerships with community organizations. Develops new strategic partnerships to expand the Museum audience, particularly those in under-served constituencies.
- Programs Museum’s Education Gallery to meet its potential for hands-on learning.
- Networks within the educational community to enhance the relationship of the Chrysler Museum with school boards, school administrators and teachers.
- Serves as event staff for museum programs and off-site outreach events.
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
- See more at: http://aam-us-jobs.jobtarget.com/jobseeker/job/16378916/?ct=t(November_3_201110_28_2011)#sthash.8Y4cKI3S.dpuf