Posted August 25, 2014.
Position Title: Visitor Services Supervisor
Department: Visitor Services
The Visitor Services Supervisor assists in overseeing the day-to-day operations of the admissions desk and store. The primary responsibilities of the Visitor Services Supervisor include opening and closing the Museum’s admissions desk and store, providing assistance to the Managers, and supervising the part-time Visitor Services personnel while ensuring the smooth operation of all admissions, store and visitor experience responsibilities.
• Deliver proactive visitor service in a professional and welcoming manner.
• Perform opening/closing procedures and cash reconciliations; adhering to policies and procedures.
• Cross train in the following areas of the Visitor Services Department: admissions (including coat-check) and store.
• Provide coordination and leadership for all aspects of Visitor Services including, admissions desk and retail store operation ensuring that all duties in these areas are being completed in a timely and effective manner.
• Respond promptly to internal and external (email, phone) customer needs.
• Provide feedback regarding visitors’ concerns.
• Act as a backup supervisor for Managers and supervise Visitor Services Associates, volunteers and interns.
• Act as point person for troubleshooting, customer service issues, daily reporting, and daily operational needs.
• Process payment at registers, including ticket sales, group payments, memberships and store sales.
• Record and tabulate attendance and other reporting, as needed.
• Maintain the proper display of goods and supplies in the store and admissions areas ensuring that they comply with quality standards.
• Perform other administrative and operational duties as assigned.
• Two to three years supervisory experience in admissions/box office environment is required; a museum setting or a cultural attraction is highly preferred.
• Cash management skills required.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills and ability to impart Museum policies to visitors with accuracy and grace.
• Willingness to work independently and as a team.
• Proven ability working with the public in a friendly and professional manner with a customer-focused approach.
• Outgoing, reliable, dependable and a quick-learner.
• Ability to handle multiple duties under pressure while maintaining professionalism.
• New York City tourism knowledge and foreign language skills desirable.
• AA degree required. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
• Working knowledge of Altru and QuickBooks POS or other POS and ticketing software is required.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Outlook).
• The work schedule is – two weekdays and one weekend day and includes evenings, holidays and special events.
Safety and Security
• All MMI employees are required to adhere to all museum safety and security standards.
Attendance and Appearance
• All MMI employees are required to adhere to the standard operating procedures regarding attendance and dress code policies as it relates to individual job functionality.
Museum Team Partnership
• All MMI employees are focused on supporting each other in an effort to complete our mission.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color and peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The Museum of the Moving Image is an equal opportunity employer and encourages qualified candidates from all backgrounds to apply.
To apply submit cover letter and resume to email@example.com
No faxes or phone calls please.