The Wing Luke Museum of the Asian Pacific American Experience (The Wing) seeks an individual to provide administrative support to the Development and Membership teams in order to maximize the effectiveness of departmental fundraising initiatives. Participate in the development of Museum financial support through donation processing and other administrative operations; coordinating aspects related to the Museum’s annual fundraising dinner and auction; and contributing to the planning and development of other museum events. Support and contribute to the development and marketing department. Support exhibition openings though the planning and execution of event logistics.
Development and Membership Support – 45%
- Process all donations on a daily basis. Enter pertinent information into Raiser’s Edge according to specified guidelines and prepare gift report twice weekly.
- Prepare timely acknowledgement letters to meet or exceed established timeframes.
- Handle general donor inquiries and communications related to their donations. Work in conjunction with Development Officer on inquiries from major donors.
- Continually update donor records working to ensure accuracy and reliability of information.
- Maintain donor files in up-to-date and orderly fashion.
- Assist with coordination and production of large departmental mailings to include, but not limited to, the holiday card/brochure, calendar year-end appeal letters and fiscal year-end appeal letters.
- Assist the Membership and Development Managers in the planning and execution of all donor and member events.
Annual Dinner and Auction – 30%
- Serve as a member of the Auction Committee and contribute to the planning and execution of the annual auction. Support the Event Planner through the creation of accurate meeting notes.
- Prepare procurement letters for art and non-art donations.
- Make follow-up calls to procurement letter recipients.
- Receive and record items donated to the Auction in Raiser’s Edge and Auction Tracker according to specified guidelines.
- Support and contribute to the planning and execution of the annual auction as called upon.
- With staff and Event Planner, coordinate event volunteers – before and during event.
Additional Departmental Responsibilities – 20%
- Assist with the planning and execution of Museum special events including Donor, Membership and Young Professionals events.
- In conjunction with the Program staff, plan and execute exhibition openings.
- Receive reservations and maintain guest lists for all special events clearly identifying donors and members. Record invitation lists and RSVPs into Raiser’s Edge.
- Track all departmental expenditures.
Additional Responsibilities – 5%
- Serve as an enthusiastic ambassador for The Wing.
- Actively participate in the activities of the Development and Marketing Department assisting the staff as needed.
- Other job-related activities as assigned.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in related field
- A minimum of two years of professional experience, preferably in a non-profit organization
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and database management (preferably Raiser’s Edge) experience
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Ability to present information concisely and effectively, both verbally and in writing
- Ability to pay close attention to details
- Ability to handle confidential donor/constituency information with sensitivity and integrity
- Ability to multi-task and manage the completion of multiple projects, often with shifting priorities, while working under direct supervision or independently
- Demonstrated ability to be creative, flexible and well organized
- Excellent interpersonal skills
This is a full-time, 40 hours per week, non-exempt position. Salary DOE. Compensation includes medical, dental, life/disability insurance and vacation and sick leave. EOE.
Resumes will be accepted until the position is filled. For e-mail submissions, please put “Development Coordinator” in the subject line. No relocation expenses provided. No phone calls please. Send cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to:
Wing Luke Museum
719 South King Street
Seattle, Washington 98104