The Soft Matter Theory group is proud to announce the continuing program, now in its third semester, of Tufts Condensed Matter Physics Seminars. We’ve previously welcomed researchers from other departments at Tufts as well as the Greater Boston and New England areas. Talks take place in the Science and Technology Center, Medford campus room 135 at 1:30pm on Thursdays.
One new feature this semester: we now have a cmseminar e-list. You can sign up to receive announcement and reminder emails through the Tufts email listserv or please don’t hesitate to contact us and we’ll sign you up.
We’re grateful for funding provided by the Department of Physics & Astronomy to provide coffee for these seminars.
January 24th, 2013 — Badel Mbanga, Tufts University, “Geometric frustration in confined nematic liquid crystals”
February 7th, 2013 — Sofia Magkiriadou, Harvard University, “Structural Colors in Colloidal Glasses (Except for Red)”
February 21st, 2013 — Ayse Asatakin, Tufts University, “Self-Assembled Polymer Membranes for Separating Small Molecules”
March 14th, 2013 — Rama Bansil, Boston University, “Gelation of Mucin and Mucus: Protecting the Stomach”
March 28th, 2013 — Aaron Mertz, Yale University, “Collective Mechanics of Epithelial Cell Colonies”
April 11th, 2013 — James Hanna, UMass Amherst, “Thin Structures in
April 25th, 2013 — Marco Dressler, UMass Amherst/Northeastern, “Non-newtonian flow of viscoelastic fluids: Physical Modeling and Engineering Applications”
Recent Blog Posts
- New publication: “Modeling deformation and chaining of flexible shells in a nematic solvent with finite elements on an adaptive moving mesh”
- SoftMatterTheory Group Judging the Science and Engineering Fair in Somerville High School
- Helping out at the Fenway High science fair
- The Soft Matter Theorists Attend GBASM
- New Publication: Computing equilibrium states of cholesteric liquid crystals in elliptical channels with deflation algorithms
Questions/FeedbackEmail us at firstname.lastname@example.org