POSITION: Memorial Hall Curator (20 hours per week)
REQUIREMENTS: Knowledge of New England history and museum and/or historical society experience. Bachelor’s Degree required. Master’s Degree in History or related museum fields preferred.
REPORTS TO: PVMA Executive Director
JOB GOAL: Oversees the maintenance of Memorial Hall Museum’s collections through use of museum standards and best practices, to collaborate with museum departments, update permanent exhibits and produce new exhibits that educate, inspire, and meaningfully advance the PVMA mission.
- Catalog Collections; research new acquisitions; create appropriate labels with sensitivity to multicultural issues.
- Maintain up-to-date database
- Care for collections, including proper storage, display, documentation and preservation
- Liaise with other institutions regarding requests for loans of collection materials
- Utilize social media and other platforms to heighten the visibility of and expand interest in Memorial Hall Museum and PVMA
- Apply technology to enhance the visitor’s museum experience
- Work on large group projects as needed
- Manage curatorial budget
- Supervise work of Curatorial Team
- Provide regular reports to PVMA Council on status of curatorial operations
- Cooperate with Development Office
- Oversee photo orders
- Assists with organizing, installing and dismantling museum exhibitions
We are looking for a person, who is collaborative, enthusiastic, accessible, and eager to establish a relationship with the community. Written and oral communication skills are essential to the position.
Salary Range is $22,000 – $25,000; with paid pro-rated vacation, sick, and personal time.
Please email cover letter, resume and 3 letters of reference to PVMAOffice@deerfield.history.museum. Deadline: May 4, 2018. AA/EEO