Applications for the Institutional Research and Academic Career Development Awards Program Open!
The Tufts IRACDA Program is accepting applications.
This is a great program with a long history of training postdocs who move on to excellent faculty positions.
The deadline for submitting an application is Feb 1.
The Tufts IRACDA (Institutional Research and Academic Career Development Awards Program), is funded by NIH-NIGMS.
Tufts IRACDA prepares talented young scientists for the multiple demands of an academic career in biomedical research. Scholars spend on average 75% of their time conducting bench research and 25% of their time in career development activities. Key features of the program are:
- Outstanding research opportunities in cell and developmental biology, genetics, microbiology, immunology, neuroscience, biomedical engineering, chemical biology and nutrition.
- Development of teaching skills through mentored classroom assignments at minority-serving institutions in the Boston area and workshops on teaching methods that encourage active learning.
- Workshops on essential skills such as grant and manuscript writing, mentoring, lab management, and scientific presentations as well as coaching throughout the job search process.
- Up to four years of salary support, plus a yearly travel and supply allowance in Years 2-4.
- A tight-knit community of postdocs interested in academic careers plus opportunities to network with scholars in the 20 other IRACDA programs across the nation.
- Successful job searches: We have placed 44 of our 49 alumni (89%) at institutions of higher education across the country, with 85% of these being tenure-track positions.
If you are interested in Tufts IRACDA, the application deadline for positions beginning in the fall of 2023 is February 1, 2023. Later applications will be considered if positions are available.
Applicants must be U.S. citizens or permanent residents with no more than two years of postdoctoral training at the time of their appointment to the program. We are looking for scholars who are passionate about research, want to develop skills critical for an academic research career and to gain experience with innovative teaching practices, and are committed to increasing diversity in the academic environment.
For additional information on the Tufts IRACDA program and application procedures, please visit our website, or contact us with questions.
We will have two live virtual Info Sessions with our Directors and scholars on October 25 from 4-5pm and November 16 from 4-5pm. ß Click dates to register!!