In this lesson we will review and expand on student knowledge of digestion and absorption. The main objective is for students to be able to describe process of digestion in each of the main organs, including select digestive enzymes. They should also be able to compare and contrast digestion and absorption of carbohydrate, fat, and protein rich foods. We also use examples of common digestive problems to illustrate structure-function.
- Lesson Overview Video-the lesson’s key points and common questions.
Watch on YouTube or below:
2.1 Classroom Materials
- MD Lesson 2.1 Powerpoint [pptx]
- MD Lesson 1.5 Homework – Prep for Lesson 2.1 [pdf] or [doc]
- MD Lesson 2.1 Worksheet [pdf] or [doc]
- MD Lesson 2.1 Worksheet + Answers [pdf] or [doc]
- MD Lesson 2.1 Homework [pdf] or [doc]
- MD Lesson 2.1 Homework + Answers [pdf] or [doc]
2.1 Alternative Approaches