This lesson begins by presenting data that shows the rise in obesity levels in the United States over the past thirty years. Next we raise the question of how obesity is measured and students then critique the different methods to measure body composition and to define obesity. In the end of the lesson we transition to exploring the causes of obesity.
- Lesson Overview Video- the lesson’s key points and common questions.
Watch on YouTube or below:
3.1 Classroom Materials
- MD Lesson 3.1 Powerpoint [pptx]
- MD Lesson 3.1 Worksheet – BMI [pdf] or [docx]
- MD Lesson 3.1 Homework [pdf] or [docx]
- MD Lesson 3.1 Homework + Answers [pdf] or [docx]
3.1 Alternative Approaches