In this lesson we will explore how exercise and body composition relate to metabolic rate. The concepts we will cover include the idea that ‘fast’ and ‘slow’ metabolism is largely a consequence of lean muscle mass. We will also explore other factors that may contribute to metabolic rate, such as efficiency of food absorption.
- Lesson Overview Video- the lesson’s key points and common questions.
Watch on YouTube or below:
3.2 Classroom Materials
- MD Lesson 3.2 Powerpoint [pptx]
- MD Lesson 3.2 Reading – BMR men vs women [pdf]
- MD Lesson 3.2 Worksheet – Calculating the Basal Metabolic Rate [pdf] or [docx]
- MD Lesson 3.2 Worksheet – Calculating Basal Metabolic Rate + Answers [pdf] or [docx]
3.2 Alternative Approaches