In this lesson we will explore the signals that regulate sensations of hunger and satiation, and we will spend the next two lessons relating these signals to appetite and obesity. We will also consider the possibility that overeating is a disease, similar to drug addiction, because the same reward pathways in the brain that drive substance abuse also provide the powerful signals that drive us to eat.
- Lesson Overview Video- the lesson’s key points and common questions.
Watch on YouTube or below:
3.3 Classroom Materials
- MD Lesson 3.3 Powerpoint [pptx]
- MD Lesson 3.3 Homework Reading – Primary Paper [pdf]
- MD Lesson 3.3 Worksheet – In Class [pdf] or [docx]
- MD Lesson 3.5 Worksheet – Primary Reading [pdf] or [docx]
- MD Lesson 3.5 Worksheet Answers – Primary Reading [pdf] or [docx]
3.3 Alternative Approaches