In this lesson we will examine yet another complicating factor that can thwart intentions to lose weight and maintain weight loss – the similarities between how our brain behaves when confronted with food and how it behaves when confronted with drugs of abuse. The realization that there are many commonalities between the addicted brain and the obese brain is a recent one, and it has significant implications for treatments of obesity.
- Lesson Overview Video- the lesson’s key points and common questions.
Watch on YouTube or below:
3.4 Classroom Materials
- MD Lesson 3.4 Powerpoint [pptx]
- MD Lesson 3.4 Jigsaw Readings [pdf] or [docx]
- MD Lesson 3.4 Jigsaw Worksheet [pdf] or [docx]
- MD Lesson 3.4 Jigsaw Worksheet Answers [pdf] or [docx]
3.4 Alternative Approaches