In the last lesson we explored how the body regulates the sensations of hunger and satiety. In this lesson we will work our way through a primary research paper that shows how changing diet and lifestyle may not rebalance homeostasis signals. This data has important implications for people attempting to lose weight. Spending class time to work through a primary research paper will prepare students for their final project. Note: this may take two class periods depending on how much the students were able to complete as homework.
- Lesson Overview Video- the lesson’s key points and common questions.
Watch this video on YouTube or below:
3.5 Classroom Materials
- MD Lesson 3.5 Powerpoint [pptx]
- MD Lesson 3.5 Worksheet – Primary Reading [pdf] or [docx]
- MD Lesson 3.5 Worksheet Answers – Primary Reading [pdf] or [docx]
- MD Lesson 3.5 Primary Paper [pdf]
3.5 Alternative Approaches