In this unit we shift to examining the messages we receive about the ‘good’ and ‘bad’ foods that are meant to help solve the physiological and psychological challenges that accompany maintaining a healthy weight. We will critically evaluate some examples of nutrition research to understand how the design limitations of nutritional research contribute to confusion behind some nutritional messages.
- 4.1-4.2: Why are there contradictory messages about ‘good’ and ‘bad’ foods?
- 4.3: How do we know what ‘good’ and ‘bad’ food really is?
- 4.4: Seeing through the static – How do we identify correlations in data?
- 4.5: Treating obesity with behavior modification
- Assessment opportunity: Unit 4 Quest