The Education Associate for Current Science & Technology serves to Inform and engage the public with live presentations, podcasts, events and electronic stories on exciting new developments in science and technology and their potential impact on our lives, our communities, our global ecosystem and our future. Research, investigate, develop and co-create content for these engagements, as well as for related kiosks, events, and the Museum of Science web site.
- Live Presentations: Average 4-5 times per week
- Develop New Presentation Topics: Average 15 per year
- Update Touchscreen/Kiosk NewsBytes: Average 2 per week
- Develop New Touchscreen/Web stories: Average 2 per month
- Take the lead on a CS&T event and collaborate with the team in implementing all of the CS&T events during the year: Average 4 events/year
- Meet with researchers: Average 1 per month
- Exhibit experimentation with team: Average 2 per year
- Administrative/Maintenance Activities: Ave. 5 hrs per week
WORK SCHEDULE:This position is grant-funded, full-time, 32 hours/week, through October 31, 2014. The schedule is flexible but three out of the four days must be Wednesday, Friday, and Saturday.
Director, Visitor Programs and Supervised by Program Manager, CS&T
- Bachelor’s degree plus additional specialized, formal training and experience preferred.
- More than three (3) years of relevant experience of science education experience.
STARTING SALARY:Non-Exempt (Hourly). Commensurate with experience.
Benefits for full-time, non-exempt (hourly) staff include: free parking, T accessibility, 15 vacation days, 12 holidays, 5-10 sick days, medical, dental, and vision insurance, short- and long-term disability, life insurance, retirement and savings plan, health care/dependent care flex spending plan, employee discounts, employee referral program, tuition assistance, professional development, direct deposit, free admission, free Duck Tours, discounted movie passes, and much more!
Museum of Science
Boston, MA 02114
Fax: (617) 589-0362
Visit www.mos.org/jobs for our most up-to-date employment listings. No phone inquiries, please. Qualified applicants will be contacted within two to four weeks of initial application. The Museum of Science is an Equal Opportunity Employer.