Students have been at the forefront of social change throughout history, from civil rights, to voting rights to protecting the environment. For over 40 years, the Student PIRGs have hired year-round, full-time Campus Organizers who help students get organized, mobilized and energized so they can create a greener, healthier, more meaningful future. Our organizers work with students on college campuses across the country, giving them the resources they need to make a difference on the issues they care about.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
With the Student PIRGs, you’ll start a career working with the next generation of students who, like you, believe students have the right and the responsibility to shape the future they will inherit. You will work with students at colleges to make sure they have the skills, opportunities and training they need to run strategic campaigns and win. Our 35 chapters on campuses provide the training, professional support and resources students need to decide the strategies and tactics they’ll use to run campaigns that promote clean energy, public health, a stronger democracy and more. As a Campus Organizer you will:
- Engage and mobilize hundreds of students
- Train students to run effective campaigns, using skills like organizing news conferences, building strong coalitions, generating grassroots support, and coordinating lobby days
- Build a strong, sustainable, student-funded, and student-run organization on campus
- Build relationships with other student groups, faculty and administrators
- Run a citizen outreach office during the summer, where you’ll recruit and lead a team of canvassers to fundraise for important issues