Camp Baker at Judge Baker Children’s Center currently has eighteen undergraduate-level summer training positions available. Camp Baker is a therapeutic summer program based off of the Summer Treatment Program (STP) and is specifically designed for 6-12 year old children with ADHD. The STP has positive effects on the serious behavioral, social, and academic difficulties exhibited by children diagnosed with ADHD.
Summer trainees at Camp Baker will implement the treatment program in a camp setting for children with ADHD. They will receive extensive training and experience implementing the research-based intervention. Students with STP experience are often highly sought-after in graduate training programs in clinical psychology, social work, medicine, and education. Previous trainees within Camp Baker have gone in to successful careers in all of these fields.
Camp Baker is currently accepting applications for two roles: 1) Teaching Assistant and 2) Undergraduate Counselor. Please see the attached job descriptions for a detailed description of roles and responsibilities for each position. Please visit our website for detailed job descriptions: https://jbcc.harvard.edu/employment-opportunities-sei. We believe students from the Tufts University Department of Education would make strong candidates for these positions.
All aspects of the training program are supervised by a licensed clinical psychologist. Trainees typically gain over 200 hours of experience providing treatment directly to children. Opportunities for participating in behavioral parent training are also available.
The dates of employment for the Teaching Assistant position are Monday, July 1, 2019 through Friday, August 16, 2019 (staff will get the July 4th holiday off). The hours of employment are 7:30am to 4:30pm, Monday through Friday. In addition, the Teaching Assistant will be responsible for working one evening each week until 6:00pm while parents participate in weekly parent training groups. The Teaching Assistant is paid a stipend of $1,000 for the summer. In addition, current student may be able to arrange for academic credit or teaching hours through their university programs.
The successful applicant demonstrates
· Undergraduate-level study in Education, Special Education, Psychology, Behavior Analysis, Social Work, or a related field.
· Experience working with children or adolescents in settings such as summer camps, after-school programs, sport programs, daycare programs, and educational programs.
· Experience with activities such as art, music dance, theater and outdoor activities.
Interested applicants should send
· A cover letter describing your professional development goals and how Camp Baker might fit with those goals
· A current CV
· A sample lesson plan or curriculum
· Three letters of recommendation (sent to Dr. Tannenbaum from the recommender directly)
to: Sarah Tannenbaum, Psy.D.
Judge Baker Children’s Center
53 Parker Hill Avenue
Boston, MA 02120