Graduate School of Arts and Sciences, Department of Education
The graduate assistant will support faculty and the director of online programs in the development of course materials and other resources for the new online Master of Arts in Teaching program. The role will provide experience on how online courses are developed and the different teaching methods and pedagogies utilized in online instruction.
The primary duties of the graduate assistant include:
- Assisting faculty in identifying and locating digital resources for use in instruction, including assisting with copyright clearance approval.
- Assisting in the development of content for use in online courses under the direction of faculty and the online program director.
- Reviewing content to ensure it meets technical requirements and design standards as set forth by the program and its third-party course production partner.
- Assist the program director with the creation of student handbooks and other program documentation
- Work with the program media team on the development of any course or faculty development content.
- Strong writing, analytical, and troubleshooting skills
- Experience creating documentation and writing concisely to explain a concept or task
- Ability to generate creative solutions to potential problems
- Ability to communicate effectively with faculty and students
- Familiarity with media/digital design such as creating multimedia presentations, and sourcing royalty-free images.
- Comfortable with using and generating content with MS Office Suite, Adobe, Google Apps.
- Willing to learn and troubleshoot new technologies.
Start Date: Immediate, up to 10 hours a week.
Interested Candidates can contact Rebecca Petersen at email@example.com