Family seeks tutoring and academic support for our high school student 2-3 times per week. The ideal candidate will have experience working with kids, ability to help with Spanish, Math, and support executive functioning tasks. Tutor must be able to use their own transportation/public transportation to our West Medford home (1.8 miles from campus). We are ideally seeking someone who is available for the full spring semester. $40 per hour compensation
Please email Lmgardinier@gmail.com to express interest and discuss details.
A family in Somerville is seeking an ELA and math tutor. See the message below for details:
I am looking for an ELA and math tutor for my 11 year old son, who is a 6th grader at the Kennedy School in Somerville. It can be two separate tutors, or a unicorn who can do both! My son has an ADHD/ASD1 diagnosis. He learns easily one on one, but has a hard time focusing in a classroom setting, so we are looking for weekly sessions to consolidate what he has learned in class. Ideally it would be 2 hours in math and two hours in ELA. Time and days is flexible- anytime between 3 and 5 PM on a weekday. We can pay $30/hour. If interested or would like more information please contact me at email@example.com. My name is Alison.
Family seeks tutoring and academic support for our high school student 2-3 times per week. The ideal candidate will have experience working with kids, an ability to help with Spanish and support executive functioning tasks. We are ideally seeking someone who is available both fall and spring semesters. Own transportation is a plus. $40 per hour compensation. Please send resume and availability (including mornings) to Lmgardinier@gmail.com
Local community member is looking for a tutor for friend who has recently moved to the Medford area (Walking Ct.) from Haiti. He is fluent in Haitian Creole, Spanish and Portuguese.
This volunteer opportunity would be to support teaching in reading and writing in English. Availability for tutoring would be on an agreed upon time on the following days:
Monday- Friday from 6:30-8:30pm, Saturdays all-day, or Sundays after 4pm.
If you are interested in this opportunity please email John Gallagher at firstname.lastname@example.org
Hello- we’re seeking a math tutor for our daughter in 3rd grade. She’s kind, funny and smart and is struggling with her math currently. The ideal candidate will have experience working with kids, a good sense of humor and the ability to explain 3rd grade math in an approachable way. Tutor can ideally use their own transportation/public transportation to our West Medford home.
$45 per hour compensation. Thursdays or Fridays at 4 would be ideal time, but we can consider other times as well.
Please contact Karen at email@example.com to express interest and discuss details.
Thank you and look forward to hearing from you!
Position: Academic Tutor
Start Date: As soon as possible
Schedule: School year (September to June), Part-time, daily schedule is determined by the number of sessions per day (Mon – Fri 8:00am-3:00pm and selected afternoons).
The Fessenden School is an all boys independent day and boarding school serving 525 students in Pre-Kindergarten through 9th Grade in West Newton, MA. The Fessenden School’s mission is to cultivate each boy’s talents and develop in balance his character, mind, and body in an inclusive and joyful community. For more than 100 years, The Fessenden School has offered state-of-the-art facilities, curriculum, and programs specifically designed to meet the educational needs of boys.
The Fessenden School seeks a full-time Academic Tutor November 2022 to June 2023 . The Academic Tutor provides one-on-one support for boys in Grades 5–9 who have been identified as needing additional support in any of a variety of subject areas. Full time Academic Tutors typically meet one-on-one with 8-10 students two to three times per week.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Meet with individual students in a tutorial setting to provide support with assignments and organization
- Provide differentiated instruction to meet the learning needs of a range of students
- Communicate regularly and effectively with parents, both orally and in writing through emails and bi-annual narrative reports
- Communicate and partner regularly and effectively with classroom teacher(s), both orally and in writing
- Collaborate with teachers and colleagues in the Learning Resources Department
- Facilitate parent-teacher conferences and attend Student Support Team meetings as needed
- Incorporate educational technology in tutorial lessons and support student use of assistive technology in the classroom
- Maintain regular and reliable attendance
- Attend Learning Resource Department meetings
- Attend professional development meetings (three full day and three afternoon)
- Maintain current CPR/AED & first aid certification and child abuse prevention training
- Exemplify the School’s mission and community principles
- Complete other duties as assigned by the Director of Learning Resources or the School
- Commitment to inclusion, social justice, diversity, and equity
- Enthusiasm and skills to engage boys and build meaningful relationships
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to perform critical thinking, organization, collaboration, prioritization, and problem solving
- Ability to serve among a diverse community of colleagues, students, and parents
- Commitment to boys and boys’ education
- Current with curriculum and 21st century learning and teaching
- Bachelor’s degree in education or related subject
- Experience in supporting children in one-to-one or small group settings
- Successful criminal background check
Physical Demands and Work Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that are essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions. The requirements for performing the duties of this position are as follows:
- Frequently required to walk, stand, sit, talk, and hear
- Regularly required to bend, stoop, crouch and/or kneel
- Occasionally required to lift and/or move objects weighing up to 25 pounds
- Majority of work is performed in a school/classroom environment, and the noise level in the environment is usually moderate.
Submit an application through Fessenden’s Career Site. A cover letter, resume and contact information for three references are required.
are looking for two academic tutors next year for a few programs at
Somerville High School. Please see below for our postings.
Please reach out to Traci Small via email for more information.
SHS School Counseling Director
Somerville High School