Spark Academy in Lawrence, MA is looking for a 6th ELA Teacher for a mid-year position. The classes are half-sized and the teacher will be working with a seasoned team. See below for a PDF of the listing, and you can apply on Indeed. Please reach out to Amy Heuton, Assistant Principal at Amy.Heuton@lawrence.k12.ma.us with any questions.Middle-School-ELA-Teacher-Lawrence-MA-01843-Indeed.com_
SetSail is looking for students enrolled in a teacher preparation program with teaching experience for ELA instruction online. More information is included below:
At SetSail, we empower 6- to 17-year old Chinese students with the academic, personal, and cultural skills needed to succeed globally. We teach English Language Arts, focusing on critical thinking, debate, and writing. Our teachers provide a transformative experience for the students by exploring their worldviews and expanding their perspectives.
SetSail encourages BIPOC, members of historically marginalized ethnic groups, people with disabilities, and people who identify as LGBTQIA+ and FGLI to apply. SetSail values the diversity and intersectional perspectives teachers bring to our students.
Lessons take place online and, for teachers in the US, in the early mornings daily (EDT 7:00am-10:15am; EST 6:00a-9:15am) and evenings on Fridays and Saturdays (EDT 8:00pm-11:15pm; EST 7:00pm-10:15pm). Teachers are required to teach at least three 1-1.5 hr classes per week. We provide all teaching materials. Pay is $25-$45/hour taught. Teachers earn a base of $25/hour and may earn an additional $5-$20/hour in bonuses.
We are looking for teachers who:
· Currently attend or previously attended a top university in Education
Are enrolled in or have completed a teacher prep program and/or have teaching experience
· Are native English speakers (Mandarin is not required)
· Are passionate about education and will provide customized instruction/feedback based on students’ individual needs
· Are energetic and engaging in an online setting, often with young children
· Will teach for at least 6 months and ideally multiple years, creating long-term relationships with the students
· Will reliably adhere to the teaching schedule and start all classes on time
If this role sounds interesting to you, we invite you to apply! The process is outlined below:
· Participate in an Interview where you will teach a mock class and converse with one of our Lead Teachers.
· Complete the onboarding process, including a Live Test with feedback.
Please feel free to reach out to email@example.com if you have questions. If you are not ready to apply but may want to in the future, you may fill out an interest form. We look forward to hearing from you!
A family in Somerville is seeking an ELA and math tutor. See the message below for details:
I am looking for an ELA and math tutor for my 11 year old son, who is a 6th grader at the Kennedy School in Somerville. It can be two separate tutors, or a unicorn who can do both! My son has an ADHD/ASD1 diagnosis. He learns easily one on one, but has a hard time focusing in a classroom setting, so we are looking for weekly sessions to consolidate what he has learned in class. Ideally it would be 2 hours in math and two hours in ELA. Time and days is flexible- anytime between 3 and 5 PM on a weekday. We can pay $30/hour. If interested or would like more information please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org. My name is Alison.