Our family of three is looking for a full-time or several part-time nannies/babysitters (around 9-5 or 10-4, M-F) to watch our baby boy starting in August. He will be 7 months old at that time. Must have: their own way to get to our home in West Medford (accessible via #94 95, 96 buses from Tufts campus) and both Covid vaccine doses + booster, comfortable with dogs (we have a small, friendly, hypoallergenic dog). Highly preferred: someone with infant care experience, fluent/conversational in Spanish and/or Japanese. Both parents will be home and working remotely in a separate area of the house. Our baby boy is a happy, easygoing baby who smiles a lot and loves to play. For any inquiries or to apply, please email email@example.com
We are looking for a part-time education or graduate student to help with remote learning in our home this school year. Our son will be entering kindergarten and daughter will be entering 2nd grade. Looking for someone who can oversee their online curriculum as well as provide general care as both parents are working from home full-time. Specifically looking for assistance with the student-led portions of the day including independent learning and ensuring they remain engaged with their online session.
Hours are Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday 8:30am-2:30pm. Position would begin in mid-September and extend through June 2021 (unless situation changes, and kids go back to school full-time).
- Help children log in to their daily online sessions and ensure they remain engaged
- Work with children on student-led portions of the day including independent learning
- Create/supervise activities for free time including arts and crafts, outdoor play, games, etc.
Contact: Maria Eliopoulos at firstname.lastname@example.org
My husband I are looking for a part-time education or graduate student to tutor our 8-year-old son. He will be entering the 3rd grade in Medford this Fall. If you have special education experience that would be great. Our son is on an IEP, math being his hardest subject. We would be looking for you to assist our son with remote learning M-F. Hours are TBD because we have not gotten his school schedule yet.
Although I (his mom) will be home during the day, I am working full-time. We will be looking for someone to start on 9/16/20, the first day of school. If Medford does the transition to Hybrid we would still be asking for help with pick up and homework after school. Again, until we receive a schedule from Medford Public Schools I am unable to give a number of hours per week.
- 1. We would like for the tutor to have their own transportation
- 2. The tutoring will occur at our home in Medford
- 3. We would like references
We are looking for a part-time education or grad student with special education experience to assist/supervise remote/hybrid learning provided by Medford Public Schools. This will be for 2 rising 7th graders who attend the same Middle School.
Both students are on an IEP with different needs and services. Start date is 9/16/20 and will continue possibly through the school year. One student will be starting school in person for four days while the other student will start remote learning, then hybrid later in the fall.
Responsibilities to assist both students with their IEP accommodations during the school day on remote learning days; pick up student(s) after school and return home to help with homework.
Hours: Will vary approx $20-$30 hrs per week (Monday through Friday, Wednesday will be remote for all students) depending if Medford is in remote or hybrid mode.
- Must have car.
- Location: at child(s) home.
- We are looking for someone with good references.
- Compensation: negotiable depending on experience.
Please contact Lynda Panico: email@example.com
We are seeking a part-time nanny for our happy, playful, 4-month-old boy starting in September. We are both high school teachers who will be working from home and need someone to help with childcare and light housework.
- Flexible schedule, 4-5 days per week, approximately 8am-2pm.
- Possibility of full-time schedule starting January.
- Medford Hillside, close to Tufts campus
- Pay negotiable based on experience.
- Infant experience required.
- 25-35 hours/week
Contact Ted Blake: firstname.lastname@example.org, 203-415-7413
We are looking for a part-time education student or graduate to help with remote or hybrid learning in our home this fall and winter. We live in West Medford and are two working parents, with three wonderful daughters and a playful, easy puppy. Our daughters will be entering 6th, 3rd and 1st grade and are very self-sufficient. We are looking for someone to provide 20-24 hours per week of childcare/oversight of expected remote learning. Days are flexible but would likely include Mondays and Wednesdays (exact schedule TBD). Possible additional hours depending on school schedule. We are looking for someone with childcare experience, additional background in child education/teaching is a plus!
Key responsibilities include:
facilitating online learning provided by Medford public school, keeping the kids motivated, focused, and on-track with their weekly assignments, enhancing the school lesson plans with age-appropriate learning, planning fun educational activities, getting the kids outside as much as possible (for fun and exploration) so they are moving rather than sitting in front of a screen the entire day.
Must love kids, have a lot of energy and creativity, and be comfortable with technology (Zoom, Google platforms, etc.) and a small dog (kids can take care of all his daily needs).
We are a fun, loving, respectful family who enjoy the company of our neighbors and family. We are looking for someone with good references who can help our house run smoothly and will care for our kids. We are willing to work with the right candidate (regarding specific hours/pay/responsibilities).
Please contact: Becky Materazzo at email@example.com or 617-365-3772
Our pod includes three rising second graders all attending the public same school.
Responsibilities with kids include:
- Walking through Math and Reading curriculum delivered by the school (either in video or written form)
- Helping them complete assigned work
- Ensuring work comes home with each child
- Supplement school-provided subjects with Gym, Art, Science
- Science may or may not have predefined curriculum. Leader should be interested in coming up with topics that interest kids and developing activities to support lessons.
- Art and Gym will almost definitely need to be created by the Leader. These can be simple or complicated based on your interests!
- Parents can assist with getting materials as long as we have notice.
Learning pod will be in person in Medford. One of the pod families has offered a single room above their garage with a bathroom and separate entrance. In general, all parents are supportive of being outside as much as possible given weather etc.
Who we are looking for someone who is:
- Good at group management (keep them engaged, on task, make learning fun)
- A good problem solver, adaptable, has good judgment when the unexpected comes up
- A good communicator, with children and parents
- Comfortable with various technologies for at home learning (zoom, MS teams)
- Excited by the possibilities of this role
- Experienced with kids of this age