Our pod includes three rising second graders all attending the public same school.
Responsibilities with kids include:
- Walking through Math and Reading curriculum delivered by the school (either in video or written form)
- Helping them complete assigned work
- Ensuring work comes home with each child
- Supplement school-provided subjects with Gym, Art, Science
- Science may or may not have predefined curriculum. Leader should be interested in coming up with topics that interest kids and developing activities to support lessons.
- Art and Gym will almost definitely need to be created by the Leader. These can be simple or complicated based on your interests!
- Parents can assist with getting materials as long as we have notice.
Learning pod will be in person in Medford. One of the pod families has offered a single room above their garage with a bathroom and separate entrance. In general, all parents are supportive of being outside as much as possible given weather etc.
Who we are looking for someone who is:
- Good at group management (keep them engaged, on task, make learning fun)
- A good problem solver, adaptable, has good judgment when the unexpected comes up
- A good communicator, with children and parents
- Comfortable with various technologies for at home learning (zoom, MS teams)
- Excited by the possibilities of this role
- Experienced with kids of this age