Responsible for the day-to-day administration of the Museum’s customer database which centrally houses customer interactions with the Museum’s members, donors, trustees, volunteers, and numerous other types of customers. The database is the basis for all customer communications.
This position works closely with Museum staff to ensure that applications meet their process and reporting needs and will work with other departments and technical staff to support furthering integrated solutions where appropriate.
The Museum will provide software-specific training to the right candidate and will depend on the candidate to maintain ongoing knowledge of technology developments with the database, applying enhancements where and when appropriate.
- Assists in evaluating and understanding customer data needs and linkages across departments, and assists in implementing technical solutions in support of those requirements.
- Acts as project lead and plays an active role in new and ongoing initiatives.
- Performs daily administration of the customer database; managing user setups, profiles, and custom data fields and record types.
- Partners with Lead Application Developer in IT to conduct complex data imports, exports, and/or global changes to maintain data.
- Responsible for de-duping and maintenance procedures to ensure quality and accuracy of customer data.
- Acts as liaison with staff to create “best practices” in data maintenance and reporting processes.
- Generates postal and e-mail lists for the organization and trains key users to be self-sufficient in departmental postal/electronic communication needs.
- Develops training plans, materials, and documentation for users and keeps materials up-to-date.
- Trains new and existing users on how to use applications.
- Responds to end-user support requests, analyzes and resolves application usage issues and provides training as appropriate.
- Proactively determines if other departments and users could benefit from migrating business processes to centralized customer database and makes appropriate recommendations.
- Communicates regularly on departmental objectives.
- Responsible for documenting, implementing and reviewing procedures to maintain the integrity of customer information.
- Ensures continuous improvement to system activities.
- Oversees data entry and data integration processes.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- 3 years proven experience working with customer relationship management systems; some experience with salesforce.com is helpful, but not required.
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Experience managing projects, multiple priorities, and prioritizing workload.
- Logical, process-oriented thinker, and ability to manage confidential data.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to work independently and accurately.
- Experience working in a cross-functional team environment; ability to work effectively with software vendors and employees.
- Enjoy helping others; ability to walk colleagues through unfamiliar software.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
APPLY FOR THIS JOB
|Contact Person:||Debra Sharretts|