The Dubuque County Historical Society (DCHS) and National Mississippi River Museum & Aquarium (NMRMA) is seeking candidates for the Group Services Coordinator Position. This position is part of a team that works together to provide the best possible experience for every individual visiting the Museums of DCHS. An ideal candidate is someone with exceptional service skills, able to think on their feet, lead in a team setting, organized, and positively portray the organization. This position requires working a flexible schedule with some weekend and holiday hours.
- Provide an exceptional experience for all visitors of the DCHS and NMRMA.
- Greet groups visiting the Museums.
- Coordinate schedules of groups visiting the Museums.
- Operate the Point of Sale system and complete all associated paperwork with accuracy.
- Respond to emergencies.
- Assist in opening and closing the museums.
- Encourage visitors to experience all the DCHS and NMRMA benefits.
- Engage with museum and aquarium visitors to ensure positive experiences.
- Present the museum positively by maintaining clean and presentable work areas.
- Assist with events and programs.
- Previous customer service experience.
- Speaking in front of large groups of people.
- Cash handling experience.
- Working with children of all ages.
- Proficient use of computers and computer systems, or the ability to quickly learn.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Quick decision making under pressure.
- Ability to prioritize, focus and manage time effectively.
- Supervisory experience.
- Compliant with the mission of the DCHS and the NMRMA.
To apply send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.