Under the Supervision of the Operations Manager, the Facility Manager is responsible for the maintenance of the Kahn Building, the Piano Pavilion and all other facilities. They will be responsible for the Operations Department staff, operations, maintenance and daily functions. Primary responsibilities include ensuring the museum’s public spaces, offices, rooms and systems (mechanical, plumbing, lighting, HVAC, etc.) are maintained, cleaned, repaired and serviced in accordance with the museum standards and requirements. Provide department oversight in the absence of the Operations Manager. Applicants must be able to pass a pre-employment criminal background and drug screening.
- Support the Operations Manger with day-to-day operations of the museum and all facilities, including custodial, engineering, carpenter shop, and general maintenance.
- Supervise, schedule and assist all Operations Department Staff in their daily duties.
- Prepare weekly time sheets for all Operations Department Staff.
- Assist in hiring department personnel.
- Proactively inspect all museum facilities and grounds including all equipment and report issues to the Operations Manager.
- Oversee entire campus grounds.
- Supervise contract personnel, repairmen and vendors. Be thoroughly familiar with vendor agreements and contracts.
- Oversee personnel in proper procedures, including all safety rules and procedures. Maintain records on all safety training. Assist in ensuring compliance with all safety requirements to meet OSHA regulations.
- Oversee inventories of supplies and maintenance of all tools and equipment.
- Assist in preparation of yearly budgets, contracts, purchase orders, and any reports as directed.
- Other duties as required by the Operations Manager.
- College degree in Facility Management or five years’ experience in maintenance, construction, engineering and all facets of facility operations, building management, and systems (mechanical, plumbing, HVAC, and lighting).
- Experience cleaning commercial offices, restrooms, kitchens, and public facilities.
- Positive supervisory and training skills required.
- Ability to plan, organizes, coordinate and supervise multiple projects. Must be able to read and understand blueprints and construction specifications. Have proficient skills in using AUTOCAD.
- Experience in preparing and managing budgets.
- Position requires periodic evening and weekend hours, must be able to work to maintain operations as needed.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills required.
- Must be proficient in computer skills in MS Office, Outlook and building automation software and building maintenance software (Micro-Main).
- Museum experience helpful.
- Texas, 76107, United States
- January 5, 2016
- Facility Manager
- Kimbell Art Museum
- 5-7 Years