Part of a dynamic and creative team of designers and exhibit developers, this Director level position plays an important role in the NG Exhibitions division at the National Geographic Society
National Geographic has 12-15 photography exhibitions that are available to museums and other venues for lease. NG is also involved in partnerships on several large scale traveling exhibitions, large interactive exhibitions developed by the NG Museum, programming partnerships in museums, and licenses exhibitions that are traveling internationally and in the U.S. This position will oversee these partnerships and exhibitions and assist the Vice President, Exhibitions with projects related to the development, sales, marketing and the building of relationships with these museum clients.
National Geographic’s Museum and Headquarters is located in the heart of Washington, D.C. In addition to a unique and dynamic work environment, National Geographic offers its employees a comprehensive benefits package, including health and dental benefits, generous vacation and leave time, a 401(k) plan, and flexible work options.
Please visit our careers site at www.nationalgeographic.com/jobs to view this job as well as our full listing of career opportunities.
National Geographic is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Set strategies, goals and projections for traveling exhibitions including venue research, development and execution of sales and promotional strategies and production of marketing materials for traveling exhibitions projects – includes website maintenance, eblast production, rights clearances and distribution of printed materials. Tracks revenue and expenses and collaborates in annual budgeting efforts within the division.
- Oversees booking of exhibition tours and client relationships. Budget oversight and management of logistical priorities of the Traveling Exhibitions Specialist and Manager of International Exhibitions and Museum Projects.
- Strategize cross platform opportunities for exhibition projects and responsible for coordination with NG Partners and other NG Society Divisions.
- Trade show preparation and representation. NG Traveling exhibitions represented at national and international trade shows annually, position will produce marketing materials, oversee planning efforts and manage onsite sales.
- Work with NG Museum Creative Director on the development of new exhibition projects and have a pipeline of projects in development for a 2-3 year plan.
Minimum Education Required
BA – Museum Management Degree a plus but not required. Sales, marketing and design experience also a plus.
Minimum Years and Type of Experience
7 or more years of relevant experience.
Knowledge and Skills Required
Ideal Candidate would be a self-starter with great organizational skills, research skills, management and people skills. Ideal candidate will also have extensive knowledge of or experience in museum work. Knowledge of Photoshop, In Design or other computer graphics and web design programs is desired. Knowledge of Excel and Scheduling software is also desired.
2 staff members as well as interns.
Responsibility percentages may vary depending on business needs.
- Washington, Dist. Columbia, United States
- March 4, 2016
- Director, Museum Partnerships
- National Geographic Museum
- 5-7 Years