Assists in the implementation and execution of educational activities as conceived by the Curator of Education. Implements programs that engages school and community groups. Assists in the preparation of content, interpretive materials and program logistics. Applies knowledge of Educational theory and learning styles in development of lessons and presentations when tasked. Organizes educational program presentations. Works closely with other educational staff.
- Collect programs evaluations and surveys to improve and assess educational programs.
- Assists with budget preparation by collecting data regularly to support budget and program development.
- Participates in efforts to promote programs and to reach targeted audiences.
- Maintain excel spreadsheet with educational program data including volunteer hours and school group visits.
- Conducts docent and volunteer training in collaboration with the Curator of Education. Conducts group tours.
- Serves as primary volunteer liaison, screens and processes applications which support the execution of educational programs.
- Manages recognition of volunteer and intern services and oversees all areas of volunteer relations and services. Oversees scheduling of volunteers.
- Maintains updated volunteer/docent procedures manual as reference.
- Maintains considerable public contact.
- Verbal fluency in Spanish highly desired in order to effectively communicate with Spanish speaking communities.
- Manages recognition of volunteer services and resolves issues with volunteers as needed.
- Performs other duties as required or as directed. The omission of specific duties does not preclude the supervisor from assigning duties that are logically related to the position.
Bachelor’s degree in related discipline and two (2) years’ experience in related field.
– Bachelor degree with three (3) years’ experience in related field
– Ability to handle information of sensitive and confidential nature in the utmost professional manner.
– Ability to handle multiple projects and work with other team members.
– Ability to relate to a culturally diverse university community.
– Ability to develop and present educational programs and/or workshops.
– Ability to demonstrate a strong attention to detail.
– Excellent communication (oral & written) skills.
– Organizational skills.
– Effective interpersonal skills.
Required to spend 50% or more of time operating a computer
$37,425.00 – $40,000.00
Ability to work occasional evenings, weekends and at locations outside of the University
Please visit: careers.fiu.edu for more information. Job ID: 511065
FIU is a member of the State University System of Florida and an Equal Opportunity, Equal Access Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- MiMI, Florida, 33199, United States
- March 10, 2016
- Museum Education Coordinator
- Florida International University – The Patricia & Phillip Frost Art Museum
- 2-3 Years
Florida International University is recognized as a Carnegie engaged university. It is a public research university with colleges and schools that offers more than 180 bachelor’s, master’s and doctoral programs in fields such as engineering, international relations, architecture, law and medicine. As one of South Florida’s anchor institutions, FIU contributes $9.8 billion each year to the local economy. FIU is Worlds Ahead in finding solutions to the most challenging problems of our time. FIU emphasizes research as a major component of its mission. FIU has awarded over 200,000 degrees and enrolls more than 54,000 students in two campuses and three centers including FIU Downtown on Brickell, FIU @ I-75, and the Miami Beach Urban Studios. FIU also supports artistic and cultural engagement through its three museums: the Patricia & Phillip Frost Art Museum, the Wolfsonian-FIU, and the Jewish Museum of Florida-FIU. FIU is a member of Conference USA and has over 400 student-athletes participating in 18 sports. For more information about FIU, visit http://www.fiu.edu/.