Atlanta-based, Premier Exhibitions, Inc. is a publicly traded company in the business of developing and touring museum quality exhibitions. The company is currently seeking a highly qualified Registrar.
Working closely with colleagues, the registrar will fulfill registration and ‘hands-on’ collections management responsibilities related to the collections storage facility and to traveling exhibitions.
Ideal candidate will be an extremely organized, proactive, and energetic individual who loves to travel and work, and is willing to relocate to Atlanta, GA.
Duties and responsibilities require attention to the following elements:
- The care, handling and oversight of objects in the exhibitions and in storage..
- Physical installation and de-installation of exhibitions both domestically and abroad, including packing and unpacking crates, cavity packing, etc.
- Preparation of detailed condition reports and associated documents.
- Maintenance of accurate and up-to-date records of exhibitions, as well as other data in the collections management system.
- Organization, rehousing, and tracking of objects.
- Act as a representative of Premier Exhibitions Inc. during installation, communicate with venue staff, assess issues and often come up with creative and safe solutions.
- Act as a Liaison between contractors and venue staff associated with the collection during the entire exhibition process.
Close Date: May 6, 2016
- Masters Degree in Museum Studies, Anthropology, or related field.
- 3-5 years registration experience in an active environment.
- Able to travel regularly (domestically and internationally) and commit extended hours as the project demands.
- Knowledge of museum registration methods and proficiency with collections database systems, (FileMaker pro – a plus).
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Photoshop, etc.Excellent organizational and communication (verbal and written) skills.
- Should be able to regularly lift 40 lbs. and stand/walk for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to work independently and with others in a fast-paced environment.
- Atlanta, Georgia, 30071, United States
- April 15, 2016
- Premier Exhibitions
- Registrar/Collections Management
- Master’s Degree
- 3-5 Years
Leave a Reply