The National Law Enforcement Officers Memorial Fund (“NLEOMF”) seeks an enthusiastic and dedicated professional to become the Museum Marketing Manager for the upcoming National Law Enforcement Museum. The National Law Enforcement Officers Memorial is a revered institution in Washington, DC, honoring the service and sacrifice of America’s law enforcement officers for 25 years. The new 57,000 sq. ft. Museum is currently under construction in downtown Washington, DC, directly across E Street from the Memorial, and slated to open in 2018 with an expected 420,000 visitors annually. The Museum will tell the story of American law enforcement through a dynamic mix of artifacts, state of the art audiovisual presentations, and creative programming.
The Museum Marketing Manager will work in partnership with the organization’s Communications & Marketing team and the Museum content team to develop and manage the Museum’s marketing strategy, build its brand and achieve sales/marketing goals.
Primary Areas of Responsibility:
- Working with the organizations Marketing/Public Relations firm:
- Develop, manage, and implement marketing strategies that will result in audience growth, increased visibility, attendance and philanthropic giving.
- Create integrated marketing and sales campaigns to sell the Memorial and Museum to tour operators and educational groups.
- Create marketing and sales materials and participate in presentations to potential audiences.
- Design and implement message testing, measure and report test outcomes and rollout winning efforts.
- Strategize for and execute a marketing campaign that will best position the Memorial and Museum brand in the DC tour and attractions marketplace.
- Build relationships, market programs, and the Memorial to local cultural institutions and tour operators.
- In conjunction with the rest of the Marketing and Communications team and the Museum Content team, develop and implement external promotional materials, including: advertising, public information, signage, electronic and print direct mail communications, website, and social media content.
- Ensure that Museum marketing strategies are complementary and, when appropriate, integrated with Memorial efforts and executed consistently across all platforms.
- Manage and interface with external marketing consultants and project managers to facilitate seamless marketing implementation and information flow.
- Bachelors degree or higher
- Minimum 3-5 years experience in marketing and/or brand building, preferably with a museum, cultural organization, tourist attraction or other non-for-profit organization.
- Demonstrated experience developing and implementing highly-effective marketing and communications plans required.
- History of successfully working with a contracted advertising, marketing and/or public relations firm.
- Comprehension and experience executing different types of campaigns including print advertising, direct mail, digital marketing, and social media across print, electronic and broadcast channels.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Detail oriented with good organizational skills.
- Broad based understanding of marketing strategy and building action plans & budgets with an ability to execute the plans and goals.
- Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite programs. Knowledge of and proficiency using Adobe Creative Suite and e-CRM and CMS systems required.
- Working conditions are normal for an office environment. Position will involve an increased workload in May during National Police Week and October for the Ride & Run to Remember.
- Washington, Dist. Columbia, 20004, United States
- May 9, 2016
- Museum Marketing Manager
- National Law Enforcement Museum
- Public Relations/Marketing
- 3-5 Years