The Indianapolis Museum of Art is dedicated to enriching lives through meaningful experiences with art and nature. For nearly 130 years, the IMA has been an important part of the cultural landscape of Indianapolis and is one of the 10 oldest and largest Museums in the nation. On its beautiful 152-acre campus, the IMA invites guests to explore and engage with its galleries, gardens and innovative programing, the Lilly House & Gardens, and The Virginia B. Fairbanks Art & Nature Park.
In advance of a significant campaign, IMA is expanding its fundraising team. These positions offer exciting opportunities for the successful candidates to become valued members of an advancement team for one of the country’s leading public arts institutions and to make a significant impact on the future of the IMA and the community the it serves.
Major Gift Officer
The IMA Major Gift Officer also will build strong, meaningful and successful relationships with current and prospect major and planned gift donors to the IMA, leading to a substantive increase in philanthropic support for IMA operations and programs. The Major Gift Officer will work collaboratively with fellow advancement team members to identify and nurture an active donor pipeline to major gifts from loyal IMA members, volunteers and annual gift donors.
The IMA Major Gift Officer also will work closely with the IMA curatorial and senior leadership and volunteer leadership to effectively identify, engage, solicit and steward donors at the level of $10,000 and greater for current and deferred gifts.
- manage a portfolio of approximately 125 to 150 donors, averaging 22 substantive contacts per month;
- develop detailed relationship solicitation strategies for individuals within the portfolio to increase meaningful engagement and levels of support;
- maintain accurate and timely tracking of all donor activities using Raisers Edge; and
- manage the Legacy Circle, the IMA’s planned giving recognition society.
Undergraduate degree required; Graduate studies or Masters’ degree preferred. Minimum 5-7 years’ experience and proven track record in major gift fundraising and donor stewardship required; experience with cultural institutions or higher education preferred.
- Indianapolis, Indiana, 46208, United States
- May 10, 2016
- Major Gift Officer
- Indianapolis Museum of Art
- 5-7 Years