The exhibit specialist is instrumental in all aspects of the Exhibit Design Center (EDC) daily operations and is proficient in every stage of exhibit development, including design, fabrication, finishing, and educational design of exhibit projects. Work with world-class faculty and exhibit professionals to create research-based exhibits for museums, the Indiana State Fair and educational events on and off campus. Assist and back up the coordinator in supervising day-to-day operations of the exhibit center shop. Create and maintain production schedules for ongoing exhibit projects.
Email Jeff Rollins (email@example.com) any time with questions regarding the position. We always love to talk about exhibits!
- Bachelor’s degree in Fine Arts, Design, Architecture, Interior Design, Industrial Design, Education or other field related to the museum exhibits profession.
- Three years of experience in museum exhibition design and production.
- Knowledge of informal science education, exhibit research and evaluation.
- Project management and organizational skills.
- Strong communication and written skills.
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Cloud.
- 2D and 3D Modeling Experience.
- Wood, plastic and metal fabrication skills including proficiency with power tools and comfort around heavy machinery.
- Ability to meet deadlines and conceptualize the logistics of exhibit projects from beginning to end.
- Talent to design and fabricate innovative and interactive exhibits.
- Competence to lead and work effectively in teams.
- Open to overnight travel.
- Valid Driver’s License.
- Master’s degree in education, communication, art, or design.
- Interest in exhibit research and evaluation, including the assessment of effective design theory, learning theory, and communications theory.
- Only applications processed through the Purdue University website can be accepted.
- Purdue will not sponsor an employment related visa for this position.
- A background check will be required for employment.
- FLSA: Exempt (Not Eligible for Overtime)
- Retirement Eligibility: Defined Contribution Waiting Period.
Purdue University is an EEO/AA employer. All individuals, including minorities, women, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.
- West Lafayette, Indiana, 47907, United States
- May 23, 2016
- Exhibit Specialist
- Purdue University
- 3-5 Years
- $36,000.00 – $55,000.00 (Yearly Salary)