Volunteering can be a rewarding, exciting, and enriching experience. 

I’ve been volunteering at Boston Children’s Hospital since 1989, and it is one of my favorite weekly activities.  Here are pictures for my 30th year of service, in 2019, and here is a picture of kids and me having fun at Children’s Hospital in 2002.

The Tufts Journal wrote an article about me and the volunteering community at Children’s Hospital, including a former Tufts engineering student, that is really about the rewards of volunteering (written by Helene Ragovin).

You can find more information about volunteering opportunities at the hospital by clicking here.

The Leonard Carmichael Society is a student organization at Tufts that creates many wonderful volunteer opportunities related to hunger and homelessness, youth mentoring, literacy and education, health and special interests. Check it for volunteer opportunities, and you will meet terrific students in the process.

Tufts Tisch College of Citizenship and Public Service has excellent volunteer and educational opportunities.

The Tisch College has a terrific program, TUPIT, in which Tufts faculty and students teach in Massachusetts prisons. Here is a story about prison inmates discovering math.

The Somerville Mathematics Fund is an organization to promote math in the Somerville, MA , schools.