Tel.: +1 (617) 627-3402
Fax: +1 (617) 627-3966
E-mail: todd.quinto “at” tufts.edu
Student Hours, etc.
- Mondays 1:30-2:30 in my office JCC 575
- Thursdays 1:30-2:30 in my office JCC 575
- Fridays 1:30-2:30, in the math department lounge, JCC 510, the glass walled room with the super cool chairs to the right as you get off the elevator on the fifth floor.
- Let me know and I can Zoom office hours.
- I am happy to meet at other times in person or by Zoom—just e-mail or talk in class.
Please let me know if you’d like to meet!
Here is a congratulations video for the class of 2021! Check out minute 3:56, and you’ll see that the math department is represented!
Tufts students are awesome, and the class of 2020 was not able to graduate in person. Check out the Math Department Congratulations Video!!
Tufts has NSF summer research program Visiting and Early Research Scholars’ Experience in Math (VERSEIM-REU). Our program is aimed at students early in their college career, and we are committed to enhancing the educational experiences of first-generation or underrepresented undergraduate students. Please check out the website and this article about the 2021 VERSEIM scholars.
- A new SIAM book Computed Tomography: Algorithms, Insight and Just Enough Theory, editors Per Christian Hansen, Jakob Sauer Jørgensen, William R. B. Lionheart includes a chapter by TQ on limited data tomography.
- There will be a birthday minisymposium on Modern Challenges in Imaging, Tomography, and Radon Transforms for TQ at the Inverse Problems Modeling and Simulation Conference , May 22-28, 2022
- Here is the video for a talk in Vienna in 2021 on work with colleagues, James Webber and Eric Miller of the Tufts ECE department.
- Here are the slides for a purer talk and here are slides a more applied talk on our analysis of artifacts in limited data X-ray CT with Leise Borg, Jurgen Frikel, Jakob Jorgensen. Both were given at the SIAM Imaging Sciences Meeting, June 2018, Bologna. Here is a preprint of the article.
- Here is a talk I gave at BIRS in 2015 about the paradigm Jurgen Frikel and I developed to understand visible singularities and added artifacts in limited data tomography, including PAT and Sonar [SIAM J. Appl. Math., 75(2),(2015) 703–725. (23 pages)]
- If you would like to learn about microlocal analysis and imaging, check out Microlocal Analysis in Tomography, with Venkateswaran Krishnan, a chapter in Handbook of Mathematical Methods in Imaging, 2e, Editor Otmar Scherzer, Springer Verlag, New York, 2015. The book is at: www.springer.com/978-1-4939-0789-21.
- Special issue of Sensing and Imaging, Recent Developments in Sensing and Imaging
- Special issue of Inverse Problems, Generalized Radon Transforms and Applications in Tomography
- Special issue of Inverse Problems, Modern Challenges in Imaging Guest editors: B. N. Hahn, E. T. Quinto, and G. Rigaud, 26 articles accepted.
This issue was motivated by the conference of the same name at Tufts honoring Tufts’ only Nobel Prize winner, Allan Cormack, a pioneer in tomography.
Conferences, Special Semesters, and Workshops
- Inverse Problems Modeling and Simulation May 22-28, 2022, Mellieha, Malta.
- Special Semester on Tomography Across the Scales, Johannes Kepler Universität Linz. Fall, 2022. There will be 5 week-long workshops on different types of tomography.
- Oberwolfach Workshop on Tomographic Inverse Problems: Mathematical Challenges and Novel Applications, April 30-May 6, 2023.
- Check here for more conferences.
- Modern Challenges in Imaging, in the footsteps of Allan Macleod Cormack on the fortieth Anniversary of his Nobel Prize, August 5-9, 2019, Tufts University. Check out this article about the Cormack conference
- Oberwolfach Workshop Tomographic Inverse Problems: Theory and Applications, January 2019
- International Conference on Sensing and Imaging, October,15-17, 2018, Liuzhou, China
- Inverse Problems, Modeling, and Simulation Malta, May 21-25, 2018
- International Conference on Sensing and Imaging, Chengdu, China, June 5-7, 2017
- 100 years of the Radon Transform, Linz, Austria, March 27-31, 2017
- Inverse Problems, Modeling and Simulation, 2016, Turkey (Birthday Symposium)
- Computational and Analytical Aspects of Image Reconstruction, ICERM workshop, July 13-17, 2015
- Check out this article on the Tufts Community Appeal, 2017
- Check out this article in Tufts Journal about the fun of volunteering at Children’s Hospital Boston.
- Check out this article in the Tufts Journal about former Tufts math major Lun-Yi Tsai, LA ’92, who uses mathematics to motivate his art.
- Check out this article in the Tufts Journal on the book signing for a biography of Allan Cormack written by Prof. Chris Vaughn. Allan, who passed away in 1998, is Tufts only Nobel Laureate and a real mensch. He was a mentor of mine. You can read a review of the biography in the New England Journal of Medicine.