This unit explores the neuron as the primary building block of our brains. During this unit students learn how the neuron is put together and how it does what it does, and what can happen when different parts of the neuron fail to function as a result of a neurological disease. Students experience an engineering problem in which they are challenged to collaborate to design a faster, more efficient neuron.
- 2.1: What is the structure of a neuron?
- 2.2: How do our axons transmit electrical signals?
- 2.3: How fast do our neurons signal?
- 2.4: What do our neurons need to work efficiently?
- 2.5: What can go wrong?
- Assessment opportunity: Unit 2 Quiz Questions