This lesson is intended to demonstrate how different arrangements of excitatory and inhibitory connections can regulate output from a neuron both spatially and temporally. The concept of inhibitory control sets the stage for the next lesson which examines the clinical consequences when inhibition is abnormal, and for Unit 5 in which students will examine more complex circuits.
- Lesson Overview Video- the lesson’s key points and common questions.
Watch on YouTube or below:
4.5 Classroom Materials
- ND Lesson 4.5 Powerpoint [pptx]
- ND Lesson 4.5 Activity diagrams and cards [pdf]
- ND Lesson 4.5 Worksheet [pdf] or [docx]
- ND Lesson 4.5 Worksheet Answers [pdf] or [docx]
4.5 Alternative Approaches