Reporting to the Director of PR & Marketing, the PR & Marketing Manager shares in the responsibility to promote the Blanton’s collection, programs, activities, exhibitions, and facilities to local, national, and international media; assists with all marketing initiatives to favorably position and brand the museum and its programs, and to facilitate audience and visitor growth in support of the museum’s mission and goals. The PR & Marketing Manager is also responsible for building ongoing public interest and support for the Blanton though community outreach, partnerships, and collaborations.
– Assists in the creation and execution of overall marketing and public relations strategies for the museum
– Assists with securing local, regional, national, and international media coverage of the museum’s exhibitions, collections, public programs, fundraising activities, and other initiatives
-Assists with copywriting for press releases, marketing materials, and other forms of media outreach, as assigned
-Serves as museum spokesperson, as assigned by the PR director, for TV appearances, radio interviews, etc.
– Works with tourism and hospitality partners to promote the museum as a cultural destination
– Assists with developing cross-promotional partnerships and collaborations with key arts and business organizations
– Works with outside vendors including advertising representatives, PR consultants, etc.
– Assists with media buys and negotiations for media sponsorships for events and programs
– Assists with the production and approval of collateral, including rack cards, signage, advertisements, and copy for radio and television spots
– Assists with brand enforcement, ensuring consistency of design and messaging for all marketing campaigns and communications
-Oversees all invoice processing
-Represents Blanton at internal, campus-wide, and community functions
-Manages interns and work-study students
-Must have three to five years experience in a related field.
-Bachelor’s degree required (masters degree preferred) in communications, marketing or liberal arts.
-Must have experience in planning and conducting marketing and communications campaigns. (Knowledge of non-profit branding initiatives preferred.)
-Prior experience working in museums or in arts marketing preferred.
-Must have excellent, demonstrated written, oral, interpersonal, and communication skills (including editing ability), and must be able to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community.
Knowledge of arts and culture press is important. Nonprofit experience, particularly with an art museum, is preferred as is knowledge of local and national arts and audience trends.
Should have an ability to work flexibly and collaboratively. Must be able to perform effectively in a fast-paced environment with a high level of creativity and self-direction.
Interested parties must apply via the University of Texas website: https://utdirect.utexas.edu/apps/hr/jobs/nlogon/150508018678
The University of Texas at Austin is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a commitment to diversity at all levels. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability or veteran status. (Compliant with the new VEVRAA and Section 503 Rules)