History Colorado’s mission is to inspire generations to find wonder and meaning in our past and to engage in creating a better Colorado. Since 1879, we have served as the state’s memory, preserving the places, stories, and material culture of Colorado through our museums, educational program, historic preservation grants, research library, collections, and outreach to Colorado communities.
History Colorado’s statewide activities support tourism, historic preservation, education and research related to Colorado’s rich western history. For more than 130 years History Colorado has directed over a quarter of a billion dollars in grants for statewide preservation and education to all regions of the state. We offer public access to cultural and heritage resources of Colorado through thirteen regional properties in eight communities around the state, special programs for individuals and families, collection stewardship of Colorado’s historic treasures, educational resources for schools, students and teachers, services related to preservation, archaeology and history, and the Stephen H. Hart Library and Research Center.
History Colorado is seeking a visionary leader to work with a Gubernatorial appointed Board of Directors, staff, and partners to advance the mission and supporting programs of History Colorado.
With the objective of making history and its preservation relevant to a larger audience of residents and visitors of Colorado, the Executive Director must demonstrate a passion for history and competence in the following areas:
- Proven Leadership
- Community Engagement
- Effective Team Management
- Business Acumen
- Relationship Building/Communication
- Political Instinct
The successful candidate will have:
- At least 10 years of successful experience in a leadership position in a multi-faceted organization.
- Proven leadership and successful accomplishments.
- Respected by peers.
- Familiarity with Colorado places, cultures and business environment.
- Achievement in fundraising.
- Demonstrated aptitude to motivate staff and team.
- Ability to navigate management in a state government structure.
- Success in maintaining relationships with a variety of stakeholders.
- Competence at engaging and implementing visionary strategic planning.
- Keen passion and enthusiasm for mission.
- Creative sense of entrepreneurship to find solutions to complicated issues.
- Willingness to collaborate to expand capacity and opportunity.
- Demonstrated effective and dynamic communication proficiency.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field of study, with an advanced degree preferred.
Interested individuals are asked to submit a job application, letter of interest, and three references.
Additional Requirements for this position:
- Frequent travel to locations within and outside of Colorado, typically for periods of less than one week in duration.
- The successful candidate must pass a criminal history background check prior to hire.
Please see the complete job description and online application at http://h-co.org/ExecutiveDirector
- Denver, Colorado, 80203, United States
- January 13, 2016
- Executive Director
- History Colorado
- Over 10 Years