If you are considering a career opportunity with the goal of making a difference, consider joining the dedicated people at History Colorado. Our professionals inspire generations to find wonder and meaning in our past and to engage in creating a better Colorado. History Colorado has a strong comitment to diversity and cultural competence. We welcome responses from people of diverse backgrounds and abilities.
Description of Job:
The Director of Exhibits Development manages the exhibits program for History Colorado. This division Director-level position will be responsible for leading multiple exhibit projects through all phases of development, beginning with managing a cross-departmental exhibit development team through conceptualization to the final execution of the proposed exhibit. Duties include:
- Working with staff to define the main messages and setting audience experience goals;
- Working with internal staff, contractors, and vendors to provide continuity and leadership
- Working with subject matter specialists to develop content, communicate with the Board advisory committee, develop and manage a budget and work with design and production to schedule the construction and installation of the exhibit;
- Working closely with other departments to integrate education and programmatic objectives and working with museum audiences to evaluate the effectiveness of every exhibit.
This position will be responsible for maintaining the exhibits calendar with the expectation of developing and implementing 2 to 6 new exhibits per year. This position will serve both the History Colorado Center, as well as History Colorado’s community museums.
THE COMPLETE POSITION POSTING CAN BE FOUND AT:
THE POSITION CLOSES AT 11:59 PM MST ON MAY 1, 2016
A Master’s degree in architecture, construction management or construction science, engineering or industrial or environmental design, theater or art design, history or museum studies. In lieu of the Master’s degree, a Bachelor’s and a minimum of 5 years experience in a museum production environment. Applicant must demonstrate knowledge of exhibit production and installation techniques, materials, production processes and practices. The successful candidate will be asked to provide a portfolio showing the types and quality of projects that they have worked on.
Additional Necessary Characteristics:
- Excellent organizational, analytical, communication, time management, customer service, and problem solving skills.
- Proven people management skills, strong interpersonal, highly motivated leadership skills, with the integrity to inspire confidence in employees and to work effectively with diverse talents/backgrounds.
- Applicant must have the ability to work independently as well as collaborate with teams.
- Must be able to interact professionally, courteous and respectfully with coworkers, contractors, and volunteers and provide excellent customer service.
- Ability to provide excellent attention to detail with a high degree of accuracy is required.
- Applicant must be able to effectively manage and track multiple projects simultaneously, prioritize, work well under pressure with a high degree of accuracy, and meet stringent and overlapping deadlines.
- Must have ability to work flexibly under high pressure time requirements and complicated and variable work schedules.
Additional Requirements for this Position:
- Successful candidate must pass a criminal history background check prior to hire.
- Ability to travel within and outside the state, including overnights
Interested individuals are asked to submit a job application, letter of interest and three references using the online application system. Failure to submit references may cause you to be removed from consideration.
How to Apply:
Online is the preferred method for applying.
Submit an online application by clicking the link below or submit a State of Colorado Application for Announced Vacancy and all supplemental questions according to the instructions provided. Failure to submit a complete and timely application may result in the rejection of your application. Applicants are responsible for ensuring that application materials are received by the appropriate Human Resources office before the closing date of 05/01/16 11:59 PM MST
Applications May be Filed Online at:
Position #GCA-9030-0516 Director of Exhibits Development
Department Contact Information:
- Denver, Colorado, 80203, United States
- April 15, 2016
- Director of Exhibits Development
- History Colorado
- Master’s Degree
- 5-7 Years
- $67,692.00 – $76,152.00 (Yearly Salary)