The Woodlawn/Pope-Leighey House, a National Trust for Historic Preservation Historic Site, seeks a part time Coordinator of Operations. The Operations Coordinator will provide a broad range of support (administrative, financial, materials design and organizational) for the effective operation and programs of our rapidly changing historic site. This position requires a special emphasis on office coordination, light financial tasks, and administrative coordination of site resources.
This is a part time position, working 25 hours per week, but eligible for a full range of benefits, including affordable health, dental and life insurance, retirement savings plans, and generous leave benefits.
- Under the supervision of the Director of Site Interpretation & Partnerships (“Director”), and collaborating with other staff, administer on-site financial transactions including bill review, processing and payment; vendor set up and contract monitoring; certificates of insurance filing; budget review; creation of impact reports related to visitation and programming; execution of paperwork for the hire and separation of part-time site support staff; and monthly paperwork close-out.
- Coordinate site communications, ensuring timely response to voice mail, email, and website inquiries.
- Serve as on site point person for maintenance of phone and other communications systems. Pick up and distribute mail when applicable.
- Work with colleagues to coordinate creation of material for event and outreach mailings and project campaigns.
- Work to respond to a variety of site-related inquiries regarding film, publication, photography and collections requests that offer opportunities for revenue generation and public engagement.
- Review gift shop inventory regularly and place orders as needed. Work with gift shop staff and Director to identify new vendors or items that pertain to ongoing site programs and mission.
- Help keep the office running smoothly by ordering necessary supplies, maintaining office equipment, coordinating with IT and other vendors.
- Help staff special tours or on-site events as needed, particularly big events such as the annual Needlework Show
- Other duties as assigned.
- At least 3 years experience in administrative coordination in a non-profit office environment, an historical site or for-profit company.
- Basic analytical and problem-solving skills, including issue identification and prioritization.
- Basic project management skills with an ability to accomplish projects with general supervision.
- Strong written and verbal skills required.
- Excellent attention to detail, especially with regard to financial procedures and systems.
- Experience interacting with a diverse group of stake holders ; being a team player with a collaborative attitude is essential. This position is highly-focused on great customer service and quick response to unexpected inquiries and needs.
- Strong organizational skills and mindset are necessary, with an ability to respond to a high volume of requests and an adaptable, team player attitude during peak periods, such as when our houses are open to the public or events are in progress.
- Ability to continually develop skills related to the use of rapidly-changing technology and communications best practices.
- Experience in professional use of social media is essential, especially FaceBook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest.
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Word and advanced knowledge of Excel are required, as well as some experience with database management.
- Strong graphic design skills, especially using Microsoft Publisher, are preferred.
- This is a part-time position of 20-25 hours a week. Hours/days will be by mutual agreement and must be consistent, week-to-week.
- Reliable personal transportation is essential for this position as the Woodlawn/Pope-Leighey House site is not easily accessible by public transit.
- B.A. (or equivalent years of experience) is required; studies in business management, non-profit management, museum management or related fields a plus. Woodlawn/Pope Leighey House is home to an innovative and growing partnership with Arcadia Center for Sustainable Food and Agriculture. An interest in the growing intersection between sustainable agriculture and social justice is a plus!
Please email your resume and cover letter to 377973-CSemail@example.com
- Alexandria, Virginia, 22309, United States
- May 3, 2016
- Operations Coordinator (Part Time)
- Woodlawn/Pope-Leighey House Historic Site
- 2-3 Years