Come get the facts about this unique scholarship program, straight from the source! The talk will be directed towards students interested in pre-veterinary, pre-medical, and pre-dental studies. Dinner will be served.
This Sunday, September 22, the Tufts Cummings School of Veterinary Medicine is holding their Annual Open House Event! Attendees will get the chance to see exhibits, hear speakers, participate in hands-on activities and more. Our bus will be departing from the Mayer Campus Center at 11 am, and is expected to return by 3 pm. Book your FREE ticket at tuftstickets.com. This event is not restricted to pre-veterinary students; all are welcome to attend!
And as if that’s not enough excitement, be sure to come to this, too:
Wednesday, September 25: Where do human and animal health intersect?
6:00 – 7:30 pm
Join us for a discussion led by Dr. Jen Steele, DVM & PhD, on zoonotic public health threats, international veterinary medicine, infectious disease research, and the One Health Initiative! Food will be provided.
Here’s a quick preview of what’s to come:
- Sunday, October 6: Parent’s Weekend Bake Sale to fundraise for a K-9 bulletproof vest for a Boston Area police dog!
- Wednesday, October 16, 12-1 PM: Dr. Charlie Innis, New England Aquarium Animal Health Department
- Wednesday, October 23, 6-7:15 PM: Dr. Monika Burns, Double Jumbo and MIT Resident in Laboratory Animal Medicine
- Thursday, November 21, 6 PM: Information session on the U.S. Army Veterinary Corps
- Thursday, November 21, 8:15 PM: Tufts Pre-Veterinary Society elections for the Spring and Fall semesters of 2014!
- Plus a few more speaker events, details TBA!
Check back here soon for more details on our upcoming speakers and the bake sale! It’s going to be a jam-packed and fun-filled semester.
Dr. Lisa Freeman, the Tufts Cummings Veterinary School’s own pet nutritionist, will be giving a talk this Wednesday, February 20th from 12-1 pm in the Crane Room in Paige Hall! All students are welcome to come and encouraged to bring friends, whether you’re pre-vet, interested in nutrition, or just really into pets! Free pizza will be provided.
Welcome to the website of Tufts Pre-vet Society! This past semester, we have…
> Hosted speakers including:
- Dr. Alfred DeMaria, state epidemiologist and director of the MA Department of Public Health
- Jeanne diPretoro, Associate Director of Admissions at Ross University Veterinary School
> Attended the Tufts Cummings School of Veterinary Medicine Open House
> Attended a veterinary panel hosted by Brandeis University
> Taken an active role in the new Tufts Peer Health Collaborative for Boston area schools
> Taken a behind-the-scenes tour at the Museum of Science with live animal curator Bunny Watson
> Toured Tufts Cummings School of Veterinary Medicine with a veterinary student, attended a lecture with Dr. Mark Pokras, and held a private Q&A session with Director of Admissions Ford Barnet
> Held a info sessions on summer veterinary opportunities and more!
Click around our site for more information on being pre-vet at Tufts and applying to veterinary school. And be sure to check back here this spring for announcements about upcoming events!
To subscribe to our e-list please email us