When a group of people develops a set of symptoms, how do you know if this is an infectious disease rather than an environmental toxin? This unit focuses on the process of defining a disease as infectious, and highlights the difficulty and ambiguity. It also emphasizes the difference between correlation and causation.
- 2.1: Infectious Disease Detectives – Typhoid Mary
- 2.2: How can we prove a disease is infectious? Infectious spread and cholera – Ghost Map
- 2.3: Identifying infectious bacteria (1) – Infectious spread
- 2.4: When is a disease infectious? – Koch’s postulates and cholera
- Assessment opportunity: Unit 2 Quiz