This lesson transitions from innate immune responses to adaptive responses.
It deals with the three complex principles of adaptive immunity:
- Each B and T cell can recognize only one ligand.
- Each B and T cell recognizes this ligand with a unique receptor that is produced randomly.
- These receptors are on single B and T cells, so they need to clonally expand before responding to a threat.
5.3 Classroom Materials
- ID Lesson 5.3 Powerpoint [pptx]
- ID Lesson 5.3 Worksheet – Brainstorming [pdf] or [docx]
- ID Lesson 5.3 Worksheet Answers – Brainstorming [pdf] or [docx]
5.3 Alternative Approaches
- ID Lesson 5.3 alt Activity Instructions – VDJ recombination [pdf] or [docx]
- ID Lesson 5.3 alt Activity Powerpoint – VDJ recombination [pptx]