The last lesson focused on the concept that each B and T cell has a unique receptor that is specific and is produced randomly. This lesson is intended to discuss how a single cell with a unique receptor increases its numbers to respond to a threat (clonal expansion). This lesson also describes how B and T cells disarm / kill pathogens.
5.4 Classroom Materials
- ID Lesson 5.4 Powerpoint [pptx]
- ID Lesson 5.4 Instructions – Immune System Card Game [pdf] or [docx]
- ID Lesson 5.4 Activity Cards – Immune System [pdf] or [ppt]
- ID Lesson 5.4 Worksheet – Immune System Flow Chart [pdf] or [pptx]
- ID Lesson 5.4 Worksheet Answers – Immune System Flow Chart [pdf] or [pptx]
5.4 Alternative Approaches