The Hirsh Health Sciences Library fondly remembers Peter Ofner, who died on Friday, May 24, 2013.
Dr. Ofner was one of 10,000 children rescued from Nazi Germany under the mission known as the Kindertransport, escaping to safety in Sweden. He was later reunited with his parents in England, where his father became headmaster of St. Bee’s School in Northumbria.
Dr. Ofner was an Associate Professor of Pharmacology and Urology at Tufts University School of Medicine; an adjunct Lecturer of Toxicology at Harvard School of Public Health; and Director of the Steroid Biochemistry Lab at Lemuel Shattuck Hospital. He was also a longtime PBL facilitator and great friend of the Library.
A search of Web of Knowledge yielded 38 articles published while he was at Tufts, mostly on steroids and sex hormones.
Please see his obituary in the Boston Globe http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/bostonglobe/obituary.aspx?n=peter-ofner&pid=164974832&fhid=8784#fbLoggedOut.
Tags4th floor 5th floor african american history apps book review books book talk celebration ClinicalKey Clinical Key congratulations data databases dental electronic resource electronic resources facebook feedback graduation HHSL hhsl event holidays homepage hours ILLiad Interlibrary Loan library service desk library staff match day medical school medicine new resource open access open workshop portals president's day recipes resources social media staff technology TUSM twitter website Women's History Month
Follow Us on Twitter!
- RT @TuftsDental: Did you know that April is Oral Cancer Awareness Month? Make sure you are receiving regular oral cancer exams- early detec… 11:06:17 AM April 19, 2014 from web ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @theNCI: The Team Science Toolkit has more than 800 resources to enhance team-based research. Check it out! http://t.co/U6STjytFIj 12:20:32 PM April 18, 2014 from web ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @TuftsMedicalCtr: RT @USNewsHealth: Don't worry, be happy! @jeffhalevy explains how to kill #stress with kindness: http://t.co/REpVZJeiYR 12:20:01 PM April 18, 2014 from web ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @TEDTalks: "Diets may seem harmless, but they actually do a lot of collateral damage." Here's why: http://t.co/4edQHQ2to0 12:19:41 PM April 18, 2014 from web ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @sciam: Morning Light Exposure Tied To Lower Weight http://t.co/XtUv44rYee 12:19:18 PM April 18, 2014 from web ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Have a Great Long Weekend! | What's New @ HHSL http://t.co/9FF4Tz0PfH 10:07:11 AM April 18, 2014 from bitly ReplyRetweetFavorite
Tufts HHSL on Facebook