We would like to wish everyone good luck on their remaining exams. It’s hard to believe that the term is ending! Please note the following holiday hours/closings of the Hirsh Library.
Friday, December 19 – Library Service Desk closes at 5PM
Saturday, December 20 to Sunday, December 21 – Closed
Monday, December 22 to Tuesday, December 23 – Library Service Desk open from 7:45AM – 5PM
Wednesday, December 24 to Sunday, December 28 – Closed
Monday, December 29 to Wednesday, December 31 – Library Service Desk open from 7:45Am – 5PM
Thursday, January 1 to Saturday, January 3rd – Closed
Over the next two weekends the library service desk will have extended hours so that you can study longer for your exams! On December 6th, 7th, 13th, and 14th we are open 10AM-10PM. We should also note that this year, since the T is running later, our building will be open a bit later on Saturday. Swipe access will end as usual at 11PM, but you may remain in the library until 2AM! So if you find yourself lost in study you won’t have to leave by midnight. Good luck with your exams!
ILLiad will be unavailable on Sunday October 12th from 6:00am – 10:00am due to a system upgrade. Please plan your work accordingly. We are sorry for the inconvenience. If you have any questions or comments please call 617-636-6705 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
We’d like to take a moment to thank one of our Research and Instruction librarians, Katie Houk. She has worked here at Hirsh for the past three years and has accepted a new faculty position at San Diego State University in their department of Library and Information Access.
Katie has done a lot for the library and has led the PR committee for the past year. There is no doubt she will flourish at San Diego State and we wish her all the best. We will definitely miss her. Congrats!
HHSL is pleased to announce that we will be live streaming some of the TEDMED 2014 sessions in the Sackler 510 computer lab.
Wednesday, September 10
1pm-2:45pm: “We Just Don’t Know”
4:45pm-6:15pm: “Flat Out Amazing”
Thursday, September 11
8:30am-10:10am: “Stealing Smart”
4:30pm-6:05pm: “Play is Not a Waste of Time”
Friday, September 12
11am-12:40pm: “Weird and Wonderful”
2:30-4pm: “I Was Just Thinking Too Small”
Session descriptions can be found here.
If there is enough interest in a session that we were unable to broadcast live, we may be able to arrange an on-demand viewing at a later date. Please contact email@example.com if you would like to request a session or have any questions.
Leo is back with another video blog where he discusses the construction on the 6th floor. We are also introduced to Leo’s new friend! Remember to submit questions to AskLeo@tufts.edu or write out a question and place it in our designated box on the 4th floor library service desk.
Tags4th floor 5th floor affiliation book review circulation copyright crafts databases electronic resource electronic resources events exams extended hours food fun fun lab graduation HHSL Hirsh Health Sciences Library holiday holiday hours holidays hours ILLiad Interlibrary Loan Leo library service desk library staff lunch new books open access open access week open workshop Open Workshops portals recipes resources staff statistics summer survey Thanksgiving therapy dogs Tufts Hirsh Health Sciences Library website
Follow Us on Twitter!
- Need a study break? Join us for a cup of tea Wed 4/26 at 3pm | What's New @ HHSL https://t.co/u0pwgn9P0H about 21 minutes ago from Bitly ReplyRetweetFavorite
- The next gluten-level obsession could be lectins https://t.co/DEjES4Z543 about 23 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- The Library of Congress released a fascinating history of card catalogs. Wait, come back! https://t.co/cRnENWj7vk via @voxdotcom 09:08:31 AM April 21, 2017 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- New Anatomical Models | What's New @ HHSL https://t.co/KntyJ9pPA4 10:12:25 AM April 20, 2017 from Bitly ReplyRetweetFavorite
- After the March for Science, the fight must go on https://t.co/ITu7S2r5nD via @BostonGlobe 09:33:35 AM April 20, 2017 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @TuftsUniversity: Norbert Wilson, professor of food policy at @TuftsNutrition, investigates food waste https://t.co/At6V9mTsdj https://t… 10:59:05 AM April 19, 2017 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
Tufts HHSL on Facebook