The National Center for Biotechnology Information collects and curates thousands of protein sequences and related information, so it’s a great place to start if you need information fast.
Step 1: Go to the library homepage at www.library.tufts.edu/hhsl and click the PubMed@Tufts link.
Step 2: In the search box type: “ProteinName AND OrganismName[organism]” and select Protein from the dropdown menu on the left. Click search.
Step 3: Filter by RefSeq on the top right. (These are all standardized and approved protein sequences.)
Step 4: Click on a record of interest.
Step 5: Explore! The links in the right column allow you to find information about the coding gene, see conserved domains, find species with homologous genes, view 3D protein structures, view pathways that contain the protein (often from KEGG), and much more!
Have questions or need help? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule a consultation!
Tags4th floor african american history apps book review books book talk celebration circulation congratulations data databases dental electronic resource electronic resources events extended hours facebook food graduation HHSL hhsl event holidays hours ILLiad Interlibrary Loan library service desk library staff lunch match day medical school mobile apps new books open access open workshop portals recipes resources restaurant review social media staff summer TUSM Under10 website Women's History Month
Follow Us on Twitter!
- RT @stefaniei: I yawn. You yawn. Animals and babies yawn. One possible reason why: Our brains are too hot. http://t.co/A85E0khwDD http://t.… about 9 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Liberian musicians raise #ebola awareness through this catchy (sorry, no better word for it!) song via @nprnews http://t.co/FwsUsTUwCd about 14 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Under10 Lunch Spotlight: Momogoose and Saté | What's New @ HHSL http://t.co/9B1BECAKof about 15 hours ago from Bitly ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @TuftsMedSchool: Read Cora Roelofs' thought-provoking editorial on climate change in the American Journal of Public Health. http://t.co/… 01:54:48 PM August 18, 2014 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @nytimesscience: The 2 Americans with Ebola are providing valuable data as they heal in Atlanta http://t.co/zmafSFH3V2 10:34:30 AM August 18, 2014 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Just a reminder that the library system is undergoing maintenance today! The following services will be unavailable: http://t.co/KMCc4FtL0m 09:40:18 AM August 18, 2014 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
Tufts HHSL on Facebook