The Night Circus is a story that sticks with you. Morgenstern’s poetic approach to descriptions of the circus and its denizens dance on the page, and after finishing the book, anything less poetic end up coming off as drab. Really, the circus almost comes alive when you’re reading, and there are moments you begin to wonder if you can smell the popcorn and caramel she continually refers to.
In an odd happenstance, the two characters at the center of the contest that powers the story actually end up feeling a bit contrived by the last page, making the reader wonder how the rest of the book veritably sparkles, and then that can still happen. Still, it doesn’t truly detract from the story in any meaningful way. The issues that the reader may take with certain elements of that piece of the story stand out all the more because of the nearly effortless way the rest of the book pulls itself together.
You can do far worse than picking up The Night Circus, even with so few beach days left to the year. Of course, perhaps the visual and olfactory sensations present on the page will bring the sharp air of the impending autumn into relief.
There’s certainly one easy way to find out.
Want to read The Night Circus? You can check it out at Hirsh! Just click the cover to be taken to the listing in the catalog. Happy reading!
Tags4th floor african american history book review books book talk celebration circulation congratulations data databases dental electronic resource electronic resources events extended hours facebook food graduation HHSL hhsl event Hirsh Health Sciences Library holidays hours ILLiad Interlibrary Loan library service desk library staff lunch match day medical school mobile apps new books open access open workshop portals recipes resources restaurant review social media staff summer TUSM Under10 website Women's History Month
Follow Us on Twitter!
- Ask Leo Episode Three | What's New @ HHSL http://t.co/UUv7jnOmEp 09:03:32 AM August 26, 2014 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @NatGeo: What caused California's Napa Valley earthquake? http://t.co/vbg26OO17Z 10:25:58 AM August 25, 2014 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @nprnews: Book News: First Superman Comic Soars To $3.2 Million At Auction http://t.co/gGhzwIiyX6 10:21:05 AM August 25, 2014 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @TuftsDental: Welcome to our D18s, who are starting their orientation today! Can't wait to show you everything Tufts has to offer. 10:16:53 AM August 25, 2014 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @USDANutrition: Being 'choosy' about eating is a common behavior for preschoolers. For tips and more information http://t.co/MwjoKeiXIj … 11:09:54 AM August 23, 2014 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- The 5th floor color printer is out of order this weekend. Please release color jobs to the 4th floor. We're sorry for the inconvenience. 10:12:56 AM August 23, 2014 from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
Tufts HHSL on Facebook