The Tufts Alumni organization is sponsoring a daylong tour of the Fruitlands Museum in Harvard, MA, complete with a luncheon buffet at the Old Mill Restaurant. For the very affordable price of $39, you can meet at Dowling Hall, take a bus to Harvard, tour the museum, and get a great lunch.
For more details and registration info, check out the original announcement.
Just stumbled across what could be a very interesting and useful blog for all of you starting at Tufts this fall: GradHacker.
Actual grad students offer tips to manage workload, burnout, grad school culture, and other topics that will be pertinent to your interests. Check it out!
This is a GREAT offer, and one that all current Tufts students should sign up for immediately. I’m pulling this verbatim from the American Association of Museums LinkedIn page:
To kick off this academic year, the Association of Academic Museums and Galleries is offering FREE ONE YEAR STUDENT MEMBERSHIPS if you sign-up between now and October 15th.
AAMG acknowledges that students are one of the prime constituencies of all of our institutions as well as our future colleagues and leaders. We value the student voice and student participation.
Last time AAMG offered this special program over 400 students took advantage.
To apply on-line, visit http://www.aamg-us.org/registration/student-membership
BENEFITS FOR INDIVIDUAL MEMBERS — $50 a year (Students – Free!*)
•Access to our content-rich Members-Only Website, including job openings
•Free unrestricted access to AAMG-L and its 3,200 participating members to promote your traveling exhibitions, job openings and more
•Multiple First-Class Educational Opportunities to help you further your education and advance your career
•Eligibility to apply for transportation and scholarship funds to attend selected professional conferences and educational programs
•Multiple opportunities to network and virtually network with your academic colleagues at AAMG and AAM meetings and on the AAMG list serv, Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn
•Professional and Career Guidance on request from the board and regional representatives of AAMG
•Eligibility to serve on the AAMG Board or a standing or ad hoc committee
•Eligibility for travel support if you are a session presenter at Annual AAMG Meetings
•Invitation to the AAMG Annual Business Luncheon and Free Members’ Networking Reception if you attend the annual AAM Meeting
*(Students submit a copy of your current college/university ID with your membership application).
Welcome to our weekly roundup of job announcements. As always, jobs go up immediately on their own page.
- Coordinator, School and Community Programs [LSU Museum of Art] *COORDINATOR* (School and Community Programs)**** LSU Museum of Art**** *Summary of Responsibilities: *Under the supervision of the Executive Director, the Coordinator of School and Community Programs develops and implements a cohesive group of…
- Coordinator of Community Programs [Philadelphia Museum of Art] Coordinator of Community Programs – Philadelphia Museum of Art The Museum is seeking an experienced manager to ensure the highest quality customer service for Museum visitors and members. The Manager leads a team of two Assistant Managers and a core …
- Senior Program Coordinator [Institute of Texan Cultures] Senior Program Coordinator, Institute of Texan Cultures The Institute of Texan Cultures, the museum of The University of Texas at San Antonio, is accepting applications for the position of Senior Program Coordinator. The primary function is to develo…
- Adult Education Programs Coordinator, Exhibit Designer [North Carolina Museum of History] The North Carolina Museum of History in Raleigh, NC currently has two job openings. Please see the accompanying links for more information and instructions on how to apply.**** ** ** Museum Exhibit Designer (this one closes on September 5. I a…
- Manager of School Programs [Queens Museum of Art] Manager of School Programs, Queens Museum of Art The Manager of School Programs is the leader of the team responsible for the museum’s engagement with school-age children and their school-based educators. School Programs include exhibition-based Scho…
- Early Childhood Educator [EdVenture Children’s Museum] Early Childhood Educator, EdVenture Children’s Museum – Columbia, SC EdVenture Children’s Museum is a fun place to work, learn and play! EdVenture’s mission is to inspire children, youth, and the adults who care about them to experience the joy of le…
- Museum Educator, Early Childhood & Family Learning [Rubin Museum of Art] Rubin Museum of Art 150 West 17th Street, New York, New York, 10011 ______________________________ _________________________________________ Museum Educator, Early Childhood & Family Learning – Part Time SUMMARY The Rubin Museum of Art is a d…
- Education Services Positions [National Museum of Natural History] RFPs for hands-on, digital programming, National Museum of Natural History The Smithsonian¹s National Museum of Natural History currently has 5 requests for proposals open for education services. We¹ve extended the deadline for proposals to 11:59 P…